Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Moda Block Heads 3-Block 34-Fulfillment!It’ my week for Moda Block Heads…and I have made something I have never done before…I have made a 1″finished star for the center of the block…now before you think I am crazy and think there is no way…. Lisa Bongean- Moda Block Head 3- Block 34 Fulfillment Try it… Read more »
- 12 Weeks of Christmas…this week Farmhouse Threads!It’s time to begin our 12 WEEKS OF Christmas! Farmhouse Threads kicks us off with this adorable pillow! She used red table runner fabric!!!! I love Farmhouse Threads designs! They make me so happy when I look at them! Visit this first website and read up on the program. It’s… Read more »
- T-shirt Winner & MBH3-Block 32-Alternate!It’s Friday..and I can post my alternative block for Block 32! I can tell by our MBH Facebook page that you all love to fuzzy cut….so the center of this star is the perfect place to find just the right fabric. The reason this post is so late is because,… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 T-Shirts!kModa Block Head T Shirt We are super excited to be offering T-Shirts for our Moda Block Heads Stitch Along!!! I’m obsessed with my quilting t-shirts and we are now taking pre-orders for these awesome Block Head Designs…There are three different styles for you to choose from…so you are sure… Read more »
- New for 2021- Stitch Along! Read all about it!UPDATES.. forgot yardages for finishing….and fixed a broken link…thanks for letting me know…. Hey Everyone! I am going to be talking about my new fabric, American Gatherings, (that releases out in January 2021), in the next couple of weeks, yes it’s that time again for more fabric! But the very… Read more »
- New for 2021- Stitch Along! Read all about it!kHey Everyone! I am going to be talking about my new fabric, American Gatherings, (that releases out in January 2021), in the next couple of weeks, yes it’s that time again for more fabric! But the very first thing I wish you all to know is I am going to… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 Quilt Along- Block 31It’s Wednesday…and I have my block done for our Moda Block Heads 3 QUILT ALONG PROJECT: … BY Betsy Chutchian Pattern Link for Block 31 This is a nice simple fun block…some days you need this type of block…and today it was a blessing to have this…Thanks Betsy’s for… Read more »
- Summer Family Fun!2nd Annual Anchor Point Gathering…. Our family gets together and spends the whole weekend together here at Anchor Point… Anchor Point cubcakes by Wiskin It! Jenni & Lisa brought these cupcakes from isk’n it click to visit her facebook I try and come up with some fun things to do… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 Quilt Along- Block 28Here is another great Quilt Block FOR OUR Moda Block Heads 3 QUILT ALONG PROJECT: The broken dishes… BY Joanna figueroa Moda Block Heads 3- block 28 by Lisa Bongean, Urban & Indigo Gatherings fabrics. This Moda Blockhead 3-Block 28 designed by Joanna sure was fun…I will give you… Read more »
- Christmas in July…at Primitive GatheringsDo you want to do a better job at being ready for Christmas? Let’s face it when you give a hand made gift, the person who receives it…remembers it, cherishes it and maybe you think they might not like them, but I think as people evolve they do love those… Read more »