Known world-wide for her primitive style of quilting, Lisa Bongean calls Menasha, Wisconsin home. This is where it all begins for Primitive Gatherings – for Lisa, her family and staff and for her customers. It is where Lisa designs most of the primitive and folk art style quilts, wool applique and stitching, and where the hand-dyed wools, homespun and reproduction fabrics originate.
Lisa’s talents are many. She is a proud mother of 3 sons – Lance, Luke and Jake; a designer, an acclaimed teacher, an award-winning quilter, a shop owner, and a business woman partnering with her husband, Nick.
They opened Primitive Gatherings in 2004 and it has continued to grow to include a thriving online shop, a wholesale business, a quilting retreat house located less than a mile from the shop and in 2015, they opened Primitive Gatherings West in Murrieta, California. They also take the “Primitive Gatherings” retail experience to quilt shows around the country.
Primitive Gatherings was selected by the Editors of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as one of the Ten Best quilt shops in North America for the 13th Annual Quilt Sampler – the Spring/Summer 2006 edition
Lisa is honored to be working with Moda Fabrics – designing fabrics for her primitive and folk art style. She embraces the opportunity to reach out to quilters and work with Moda to support independent quilt shops like her own.
- Moda Block Heads 3 Quilt Along- Block 53It’s Wednesday! Moda Block Head Day! Block 53 -Bear Cubs Round the Campfire-is from Moda fabric designer Robin Pickens. You have to stop by her blog and see how much fun she had with color making her blocks! Click the button below for easy travel to her site. Robin has… Read more »
- 2021…A New Year…a New beginning…Happy New Year Everyone! I know this blog post is not posting on Jan 1. I find that you either love a new year or are not impressed with having to make new resolutions. I feel that you can make resolutions, goals, commitments, or whatever you want to call them…… Read more »
- 12 Needful Things- WINNERS!Congratulations to ALL of our winners, I hope you find your name below. We so appreciate your continued support for our Primitive Gatherings Quilt Company. I have taken the liberty of adding a few winners from our top customers. They rarely leave comments to win. So I have randomly picked… Read more »
- Day 1…Needful Things…Juki Sewing Machine & acessoriesThis year is extra special…I can offer two different Juki’s…Really the same machine…but read what the 2020 Limited Editon Platinum has to offer …Both machines are offered at an exceptional price… JUKI celebrates 80+ with the Special Limited Collector’s Edition TL-2020 PE (Platinum Edition)! From its Platinum exterior and… Read more »
- 12 Days of Needful Things…Day 2Day 2- Needful Things- Re-claimed Seam Rippers I fell in love with a gifted seam ripper I received from a quilting friend. When everyone raved at how awesome they were I thought they would be perfect for our Needful Things. Because let’s face it, seam rippers are needful. Ripping is… Read more »
- 12 Days of Needful Things…Day 3Just a reminder about our shop hours through the rest of the year. Day 3- Needful Things-Custom Quilt Hangers Scott has been busy designing new quilt Hangers…We have had a single arm for a while now…I loved mine..but…wait…now I can have 3 or 5 quilts hanging at the same time!Shown… Read more »
- 12 Days of Needful Things-Day 4DAY 4-TRIANGLE PAPER I really cannot stress how important the paper is when you make a lot of HSTs or if you are making very small HSTs. Our papers are really, really nice….the cutting lines are very fine and accurate, so if you stitch, and cut accurately, your triangles will… Read more »