Laurie is known for the quilts she creates and Polly hooks a rug to match. They have shared and taught their unique folk art style and aesthetic in the United States and in France – occasionally teaching together. Their fabrics have been rendered in quilting-weight cottons, classic twills and plaids and pure over-dyed wools. combined all these loves into fabrics that include 100% cotton prints, Classic twills and 100% over-dyed wools.
Polly and Laurie are the authors of several best-selling books – Victory Girls, The Spirit of Sacagawea, American Summer: Seaside Inspired Rugs & Quilts, Folk Art Friends; Hooked Rugs and Coordinating Quilts, Everyday Folk Art: Hooked Rugs and Quilts to Make, Modern Primitive Quilts: Redefining Country Style and Americana Rugs.
They have been also been featured in numerous magazines – national and international – including: Quiltmania, Country Home, American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall’s Quilting, Victoria, and Architectural Digest.
- Moda Blockheads - Week 46Today's block is courtesy of Jan Patek and you can find the directions HERE. In other news.... this Hartfield quilt pattern will start shipping today. We are in a pre-Thanksgiving pattern packing mood. You can find the pattern HERE. Happy Turkey Stuffing everyone!Laurie Read more »
- Blockheads 2 - Week 42This week's block is courtesy of Joanna from Fig Tree Quilts. You can find the pattern HERE.It's a sweet little variation on a bear's paw block.What else is going on here? I have a new quilt pattern.......The new pattern is called STITCHED! and it is available as a download pattern… Read more »
- Blockheads 3 - Week 38This week's block is courtesy of Stacy Iest Hsu and you can find the directions HERE. This sweet little block gives a lot of bang for your buck. It's easy-peasy and is quite lovely.What else has been going on here besides Moda Blockheads and evening hand quilting? Kits, lots of… Read more »
- Blockheads 3 - Week 35This week's block is courtesy of Lissa Alexander and you can find the directions HERE. It's a nifty little block that works up quite fast.We are getting seasonal weather here. Quilts (plural) are back on the beds and I'm wearing socks today. It's very September here. Cassie thinks I have… Read more »
- Blockheads 3 - Week 33This week's block is courtesy of Brigitte from Zen Chic. This was my very first attempt at curved machine piecing. At first I was going to hand piece it - as that is my comfort zone. Hand piecing, hand applique and hand quilting was all I knew until my first sewing… Read more »
- Blockheads 3 - Week 32This week's block is courtesy of Jan Patek and you can find the pattern HERE. Note - take care when trimming down your block 🙁 I had to improvise. A little improvisation every now and then is good for the soul.So much other news........ the fearless, strong, and attractive sales… Read more »