I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- KT 12 Days of Christmas GiveawaysJoin the Holiday Fun!Beginning this week, every Tuesday and Friday until Christmas, I'll be posting a new KT goodie to giveaway to a lucky winner on Instagram @lynnektq. All of us at KTQ want to thank you for your support and patience through this trying year. Don't belong to Instagram?… Read more »
- All 'Round the SeasonsDon't miss out on our newest KT series, the All 'Round the Seasons Mini Table Treats Club. Our KT November Special kicks off a year of fun beginning with the Sweet Holly table topper. We'll continue every other month with the remaining 5 unique Mini Table Treats to decorate your… Read more »
- 20 Years of KTQ - Part #21Part #21 Pieced BorderIn our year-long marathon, we're almost to the finish line! This week's pieced border uses all the leftover fabrics from the quilt to make a simple, scrappy border to tie it all together. It's an easy cornered block with assorted darks for the large squares and assorted… Read more »
- KT November SpecialAll 'Round the Seasons + Sweet Holly MTT Our KT November Special brings a bit of holiday cheer to your mailbox. We bundled my Sweet Holly Mini Table Treat kit and the All 'Round the Seasons booklet. The kit includes all the fabrics for the table topper front, back, binding… Read more »
- 20 Years of KTQ BOM - Week #20Week #20 - Double DecadesI love that these two "X" blocks represent the number 20 in Roman numerals. An assortment of half square triangles (HST) and Connecting Corners (CC) create the gold X in each block. After a year of practicing these techniques, it's all easy peasy. Make sure all… Read more »
- Market at Home by KTQ for Moda, Part 4I'm really excited about my new sampler quilt, Prairie Days. As I decorate for each season, I'm usually digging through piles of runners and quilts, looking for just the right backdrop for my vintage collectibles. I often wish I had more two-color small quilts to use at home. So, Prairie… Read more »
- Market at Home by KTQ for Moda, Part 3Prairie Dreams is my new fabric collection for fall market that will ship to quilt shops in March 2021. I've shared more of the fabrics and quilts in previous posts, if you missed them. Here's a look at the final trio of prints for this line.I chose this delicate floral… Read more »
- Market at Home by KTQ for Moda, Part 2Prairie Dreams is truly a dream come true for me. It is my 67th line of fabric with Moda. I am so grateful for Moda's continued belief in KTQ, and the heartfelt support from all of you. If you didn't appreciate what I do, I couldn't continue to do what… Read more »
- Market at Home by KTQ for ModaKansas Troubles Quilters Presents...Prairie DreamsI'm so excited to share my newest fabric collection with Moda, Prairie Dreams. This weekend would have been Quilt Market, so I'm giving you a sneak peek here at all the new goods. I fell in love with the feature fabric as soon as I uncovered it… Read more »
- 20 Years of KTQ BOM - Week #19Week #19 - Flying GeeseGather up your leftover scraps and stitch up a gaggle of geese. Sixteen, to be exact. Keep in mind the tips on creating accurate Connecting Corners and you'll have no trouble piecing these fun, scrappy blocks. The secret to perfect flying geese points? Make sure you… Read more »