I took this as a challenge.
For the next few years, I made little quilts to sell and peddled my own patterns locally until I finally took the leap and attended International Quilt Market. A Block-of-the-Month quilt I’d created using mostly Moda fabrics caught their attention and I was asked to join the Moda Designer team the following market. That was almost 17 years ago. More than 50 fabric collections later, I still embrace the nature-inspired color palette and prints that are Kansas Troubles’ classics.
I’m continually learning and growing as a designer, developing more simplified ways to piece traditional quilt blocks using my Layered Patchwork technique. I enjoy sharing my quilts and methods with quilters all over the country, teaching at quilt guilds, shops and on cruises. What a delightful way to spend your life, surrounded by quilts and quilters!
- Prairie Days Sampler Quilt-a-LongMy new Prairie Dreams fabric collection is due to arrive in late March. I have several fun projects featuring precuts from this line. Watch for more information over the coming weeks. Today, I'm extending an official invitation to you to quilt-a-long with me to make the Prairie Days Sampler and 6… Read more »
- Kit To Quilt Mystery SeriesDo you like a good mystery? If you like Kansas Troubles fabric and patterns, you'll love our Kit To Quilt series. Every other month, I'll send a special project, just for this club, that features the newest and favorite KT fabrics. The mystery part? No one knows what the project… Read more »
- KT & Friends Retreat, Appleton, WII'm SO ready to get together with my fellow Moda designers and quilters from all across the country for another great KT & Friends Retreat. Want to join us?In August, we'll be taking our KT & Friends Retreat on the road to Appleton, WI. On Tuesday, August 10 at noon… Read more »
- KT February SpecialKT Fat Quarter BundlesIf you've been finishing up those WIP's while staying home this past year, it's time to add some new fabric to your stash for future projects. Robert rearranged the storage room and uncovered a few fat quarter bundles from the past 2-3 years of KT fabric collections… Read more »
- KT & Friends Retreats 2021Although the health of our nation is still uncertain at this time, but I'm optimistic that by June, we'll all be vaccinated and ready to gather in person for some quilting fun. Are you with me?KT & Friends Retreat, Bennington, Kansas, June 22-25, 2021TeachersWe have an all new line-up of… Read more »
- 20 Years of KTQ BOMFinal Week #22 - Outer Borders & AppliqueIt's been a long, challenging year, but it seems time has flown by while piecing my 20 Years of KTQ quilt. Thank goodness there have been block-of-the-months, quilt-a-longs and monthly clubs to get us through 2020. I appreciate each of you for your… Read more »
- KT December SpecialBittersweet Seasons1. Piece the Bittersweet Seasons charm quilt with a fun half square triangle zigzag border.2. Make the (4) seasonal panels.3. Pin a panel on the center of the quilt for a fun seasonal accent for your home. One quilt + four panels = a quilt for every season.Our KT… Read more »
- KT 12 Days of Christmas GiveawaysJoin the Holiday Fun!Beginning this week, every Tuesday and Friday until Christmas, I'll be posting a new KT goodie to giveaway to a lucky winner on Instagram @lynnektq. All of us at KTQ want to thank you for your support and patience through this trying year. Don't belong to Instagram?… Read more »