For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Broken DishesBlock 36by Laurie Simpson You can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here.Our Vintage book this monthisQuilts, Rugs and Stuff.It has 22 projects as well assome great instructions on rug hooking.Here are 2 of my favorites.An Angel rug and an angel wallhanging.There are pincushions, coasters, rugsand quilts.I'll show you more… Read more »
- Blockheads 3Block 35Coming Together by Lissa Alexander.You can go to her blog to download the pattern by going to http://modalissa.com/. I just love this block and thefabrics in it are from one of my favorite lines Clover Meadow. Our Vintage Book this month isQuilts, Rugs & Stuffby Linda Brannock & Jan Patek, an oldie but goodie.The angel rug… Read more »
- FulfillmentbyLisa BongeanYou can go to her blog to downloadthe pattern by clicking hereHere is a sneak peek at the Fall Tablestand quilt.I really like it but it has a problem - it needs a name.So help me come up with a name and I'll send you a kit.The back will have four 6"… Read more »
- Block 32 AgainBlock 32Beeskep & Flower by Jan PatekMeantime I'll show you picturesof my new babies and how they're growing.Lavender Orpington& Silver Laced Orpingtonsand moreLavender Orpington& Silver Laced OrpingtonsGrown up Lavender Orpington roosterAnd grown up Silver Laced Orpington hen and rooster.Homestead quilt pattern with Lavender Orpington chickens coming soon.In case you can't tell, my… Read more »
- And It's Blockheads Wednesday Again!This week our block is #32Beeskep & Flower byMe. And as usual I can't figure out how to do the links inthe new Blogger. As soon as Tammie gets here I'll have herfigure it out and we'll post it. For now, just copy the address below and paste it inyour browser.… Read more »
- Happy Blockheads WednesdayBlock 31Basket Collectorby Betsy ChutchianYou can go to her blog todownload the pattern by clicking hereAnd I hope the link works. :)Our vintage book this month (1/2 price all month)is Liberty Garden. It has 3 medium tolarge quilt patterns and 4 wallhanging patterns.You can go to the store to buy… Read more »
- Block 30 -Love at Homeby Sherri Mc ConnellYou can go to her blog todownload the pattern by clicking here.It's time for our Summer 2020 Tablestand.And I must tell you all that I am so confused by the changes inBlogger that I've forgotten it's name.This is the frontAnd this is the back.And hopefully it's in… Read more »
- Happy Moda Blockheads Wednesday. The block for today is........................Block 29Ring Aroundby Corey YoderYou can go to her blog to downloadthe pattern by clicking here.It's not news that I am nota computer person so I'm sure you'llfind it not a surprise that I couldn't figure outhow to navigate the new Blogger. I had to go to an old post… Read more »
- Block 28 - Broken Dishes byJoanne ofFig Tree & Co.You can go to her blogto download the pattern byclicking here. It's still July so ourVintage book is stilland this is one of the quilts in it.It is Max and Josie's Wedding quilt.You can go to the store by clicking here buy the book for 1/2 price.We're still… Read more »
- Block 27 - Proposal by Jen KingwellYou can go to her blogto download the pattern by clicking here.Besides showing us this beautiful blockit seems that Jen and Richard weremarried on this date years ago soModa asked all of the designers topost a wedding picture.Here are Pep and I walking downthe aisle after our ceremony at Calvary Lutheran Church… Read more »