For more than 20 years Jan Patek has been designing primitive folk art quilts and publishing the patterns in books. Jan also designs original fabric lines for Moda.
In response to overwhelming demand, Jan began turning her dazzling quilt and fabric designs into kits so that her fans would be able to make the quilts they so admire. Jan has a passion for creating and for sharing her creativity with others. “I don’t want to make quilts and put them in a closet,” says Jan. “I want to provide a creative outlet for others.”
You can see all of her fabric turned into quilts on Jan’s website – www.janpatekquilts.com – as so many others have. Join one of Jan’s great quilt clubs. Browse the books and quilt kits, relax, and be reminded of country, home, and family.
- Songbirdby Betsy ChutchianYou can go to her blogto download thepattern by clicking here Our Vintage Book this month is Up on the Rooftop and this is one of thequilts in it "Rudolph and Company".You can just repeat using the samefootprint and handprint orif you have lots of kids or grandkids you can use all of theirfootprints… Read more »
- Block 43by Corey YoderCorner Delight by Corey Yoder.You can go to her blogto download the pattern by clicking here.And since Christmas is just aroundthe corner, our Vintage bookthis month isa really fun book with lotsof quilts and projects (there are12 in all by meand my grandson Jake.)That is Jake's footprint and handprints… Read more »
- Blockheads 3Block 42Starburstby Joanna of FigTreeYou can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking hereNow, I think I'd better explain what'sgoing on with me and why my postsmay be a little erratic for a short while.It seems that my body has gotten carriedaway with making the fluid that surroundsthe… Read more »
- Blockheads 3 - Block 38Fractured Rainbow by Stacy-lest-Hsu You can go to her blog todownload the pattern byclicking here and our vintagebook for September is stillQuilts, Rugs & Stuff.The rug I'm featuring this weekis may Angel Hearth Rugthat went back on my hearththis week after taking thesummer off.I've had it for years and it's still one of my… Read more »
- Blockheads 3, Block 37Fixer Upper byVanessa Goertzen. You can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking hereOur vintage book this month isThis is the Country Day Hearth Rug from the bookwhich includes complete rug hooking instructions as wellas patterns for 22 projects.If you decorate for Halloween, its past time to get started on spooky quiltsso… Read more »
- Broken DishesBlock 36by Laurie Simpson You can go to her blog to download the pattern by clicking here.Our Vintage book this monthisQuilts, Rugs and Stuff.It has 22 projects as well assome great instructions on rug hooking.Here are 2 of my favorites.An Angel rug and an angel wallhanging.There are pincushions, coasters, rugsand quilts.I'll show you more… Read more »