Deb and her husband Scott, currently live in their new hometown of Yellow Springs, Ohio. With one of their three children on the East Coast, one on the West Coast, and the third next door, life is filled with long-distance calls, traveling and helping watch the twin grandsons that live next door!
A design for Moda Fabrics since 1996, Deb feels honored to have watched Moda’s growth and success over the years. “Moda’s integrity and genuine caring about quilters, the quilting industry and their designers has always been part of why I love working with this wonderful company. That and the “best in the business” members of the Moda family have made it an incredible journey.”
Drawing and painting her fabric designs by hand, Deb has created over one-hundred collections since she began working with Moda. She loves working with different colors and patterns, the more intricate the better!
A life-long passion for art led Deb to teaching art before becoming a designer. Her artwork has been featured on many different products over the years – calendars, greeting cards, garden flags, books, framed prints and more. Recently, she and Scott proudly launched a line of notecards for sewing and quilting enthusiasts titled “Sew Noted”.
With traveling to see her children, creating new fabrics and collections, and other types of new art, Deb’s life is happily filled with color, creativity and lots of hugs!
- So Excited!!!!300 Castle Shannon Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15234 412-344-2330www.sew412.comHours: Mon-Sat 10am-5pm Thurs. 10am-8pm *** Fantastic NEWS ***We are Extremely Pleased to Present at the RetreatModa Fabric Designer, Deb StrainLecture, Quilt Display & Dessert ReceptionThurs., October 15 6-9pmClick on the picture to read Deb's bio, then scroll down to see her fabric collections.Deb is an acclaimed artist who… Read more »
- HUGABOO IS HERE!Arriving in your favorite Fabric Store this monthis my newest fabric line called "Hugaboo!"As the name implies, it is a baby and toddlergroup perfect for your little Hugaboo!There is a pink panel for little sweeties,filled with heartwarming sayings to useon quilts, wall hangings, diaper bagsand all of the special… Read more »
- Winner! Winner!WINNER! WINNER!THANKSGIVINGDINNER!Even though it is Springtime, fall fabricsare arriving in your favorite Quilt Store!Congratulations to the winner of my"Spring into Fall" Giveaway!The first winner:wins this Jelly Roll of Moda fabric.It is from "Forest Fancy" and goes to....Sandy A of scottylover! … Read more »
- Spring into Fall GIVE AWAY!SPRING INTO FALL GIVE AWAY!Even though Spring is arriving here at home,FALL is arriving in your favorite Quilt Shops!I'm so excited to present my new Fall Fabric groupswith Modathat are being delivered to stores in May.The first, is Forest Fancy.It is filled with beautiful, warm fall colors and rich patterns.I love… Read more »
- Congratulations!!!CONGRATULATIONS!Finn and Graham (along with Random.org)helped me to choose the 2 winners inthe MODA Blog Takeover!The winners are:Karen, who commented on April 30th at 2:05 amandBrandy Pitt, who commented on April 30th at 8:45 am.I've e-mailed you and asked for you to e-mail me back with your address and choice ofred… Read more »
- MODA BLOG TAKEOVER!Hi! We are Finn and Graham, Deb Strain's adorable twingrandsons and we are TAKING OVER today!I'm Finnigan and I'm the oldest. I call my grandma,"NANA." We love to draw and paint in her messy studio!My name is Graham and I call my grandma,"MYRNA." We are going to tell… Read more »
- AND THE WINNER IS....Hello Friends!Hope that have you enjoyed the Moda Love Blog Tour!It was so much fun to see the different quiltsand find out what the different Modadesigners love...And now for the winner of my random drawing:1st prize This lovey Fat Quarter Stackof BE JOLLY goes to.........LISA whose comment about… Read more »
- MODA LOVE BLOG TOUR TIME!Hello Dear Friends!Welcome to my day on the Moda Love Blog Tour!I'm sharing the day with two wonderfully talented ladies,Lynne of Kansas Troubles and Anne at Bunny Hill Designs.Be sure tostop by their blogs today too!If you have been following the tour, all of the Moda designers were asked… Read more »
- It's Blog Hop Time Again!!Hello Dear Friends,It's time for another one of Moda's wonderfulblog hops!All of the Moda designers have been excited toshare our newest lines of fabric with you andshow you our "MODA LOVE."Please join us for free patterns, prizes and achance to get to know all of us… Read more »
- Winners!Winners!Hello Dear Friends!Thanks to everyone who left comments about my newest fabric line,"Moonlight Manor."I'm really excited about this group and so gladthat you like it too!And now to announce the winnersof our drawing....Random.org helped me to choosethe 1st place winner....Congratulations toKaren who commented on June 6th!You have won the orange panel… Read more »