Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- it’s sewcialities day at bunny hill!Are you doing the Sewcialities quilt along with The Fat Quarter Shop? There are some great blocks in this sew-along, and even if you don’t participate in the sew-along, I recommend printing them out and saving them in a binder. You may want some of these in the future, and… Read more »
- Snow Birds, Freezy and Winter WishesWhen I began working on my Crystal Lane quilt, I researched “Winter” critters on Google. I was looking for the ones that brave the cold, snow, and don’t mind a few icicles. The ones that survive those freezing temps. I found some pretty cute winter critters, but I fell in… Read more »
- a million little crystalsThe snow is sparkling like a million little crystals. You’ll find these words on the selvage of Crystal Lane, my next fabric line for Moda. It’s one I’ve fallen in love with because next to pink, my favorite color is French Blue! In shades of Crystal Blue, Winter White, and… Read more »
- Pumpkin HillOctober is the month for squirrels and pumpkins, and Bunny Hill is filled with them. From Squirrelly Girl to my newest Martingale book, Pumpkin Hill, the squirrel overload is real! Pumpkin Hill, my first book with Martingale Publishing, is available at quilt shops and book stores now. With running squirrels,… Read more »
- Moda Stitch PinkWhen Moda does a stitch along, it’s something you don’t want to miss! When they do one for breast cancer awareness month, it’s guaranteed to be extra special. Starting October 1 (today), you’ll get one block per day for 30 days. On October 31st. You’ll get the directions for finishing… Read more »
- Sewcialities Sew-AlongThe Fat Quarter Shop is getting ready for a free block of the week sew-along called Sewcialities! They’ve asked 18 designers (me included) to each contribute two blocks that can be made in three different sizes, 3″, 6″, or 9″. You’ll get one block a week for 38 weeks. The… Read more »
- Squirrelly GirlWe’re waiting and waiting for Squirrelly Girl to arrive! And like everything else these days, it’s taking longer for things to ship. I’ve been told it will be around September 9th, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Squirrelly Girl is coming all the way from Japan, so she has a… Read more »