Anne Sutton started sewing at a very young age. Using her mother’s sewing machine and with her sister by her side, she learned the basics and kept on going. Taking every class available from home economics in high school to apparel design in college, she expanded and fine-tuned her skills. Once quilting became her passion, her love of appliqué became her obsession!
Appliqué quilts tell a story and seeing that story come to life is what keeps Anne passionate about designing. Her appliqué quilts often determine the look and color of the fabrics and collections she designs for Moda.
Anne and her husband live in Northern California. She loves flea market finds and cottage style decorating. The center of Bunny Hill is a 400 sq. ft. loft area in her home with natural lighting, a big work space and room for all the things she loves.
- Pumpkin HillOctober is the month for squirrels and pumpkins, and Bunny Hill is filled with them. From Squirrelly Girl to my newest Martingale book, Pumpkin Hill, the squirrel overload is real! Pumpkin Hill, my first book with Martingale Publishing, is available at quilt shops and book stores now. With running squirrels,… Read more »
- Moda Stitch PinkWhen Moda does a stitch along, it’s something you don’t want to miss! When they do one for breast cancer awareness month, it’s guaranteed to be extra special. Starting October 1 (today), you’ll get one block per day for 30 days. On October 31st. You’ll get the directions for finishing… Read more »
- Sewcialities Sew-AlongThe Fat Quarter Shop is getting ready for a free block of the week sew-along called Sewcialities! They’ve asked 18 designers (me included) to each contribute two blocks that can be made in three different sizes, 3″, 6″, or 9″. You’ll get one block a week for 38 weeks. The… Read more »
- Squirrelly GirlWe’re waiting and waiting for Squirrelly Girl to arrive! And like everything else these days, it’s taking longer for things to ship. I’ve been told it will be around September 9th, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Squirrelly Girl is coming all the way from Japan, so she has a… Read more »
- It Takes a VillageModa is always thinking of customers, and it’s especially true during a pandemic. The generosity of this company is so wonderful. I’m sharing a gift from Moda that’s free on their website during this time. The “Village” quilt pattern from Miss Rosie and Moda is one of my favorite quilts. … Read more »
- more new patternsIt’s show-and-tell for Squirrelly Girl. She’s excited to show you some of her squirrelly friends! We’ve got four more patterns coming soon. Sugar Squirrels If I had to pick a fat quarter quilt to love, it would be this one. I’m calling this Sugar Squirrels, and I’ve adapted it from… Read more »
- Squirrelly Girl is coming soon!While we’re hibernating in our homes, Squirrelly Girl has been out visiting everyone she can! Our Moda reps may not be able to bring her to quilt shops in person, but they are doing their best to make sure everyone meets her. She’s coming your way in August. Over the… Read more »