Bonnie Olaveson – Cotton Way
Camille Roskelley – Thimble Blossoms
Bonnie and Camille met on June 10, 1983 when Camille came into the world on Bonnie’s 24th birthday. Not only do the two share a family and a birthday, they also share a love of quilting and an all out obsession with fabric.Since starting her company Cotton Way in 1990, Bonnie has designed over 300 patterns. She currently resides in Idaho, has a wonderful husband, 5 children, and enjoys spoiling her 15 beautiful grandchildren. When she’s not busy designing, she enjoys decorating her home and boating with the family.Camille’s pattern company Thimble Blossoms published it’s first pattern in 2007 while she was raising her three energetic little boys. A few of her favorite things are sewing with friends, spending time at the lake with her family and cookies of any kind. You can find her day-to-day quilting on Instagram @thimbleblossoms.
This mother daughter team blends trendy with traditional, and has the unique perspective of two generations of quilters. Their hope is that you, too, may be able to start a new quilt day tradition as mothers and daughters.
- Snapshots Quilt Along Block #1 - Let Them Eat CakeYay! I am so excited to start my Snapshots Quilt and I hope you are too!The Snapshots quilt is part of a Fat Quarter Shop quilt along for a cause, benefiting the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Did you know that the families of the children receiving treatments at St. Jude's don't have to… Read more »
- More Scrappy PlacematsInternational Quilt Market is just around the corner and that means my new patterns are ready to go, well I thought I had them ready and then I decided to add one more. So here it is,More Scrappy PlacematsLast year I designed a pattern called Scrappy Placemats. I had several requests, so this… Read more »
- NEW Daysail Patterns! YAY!!!Today I am so happy to share with you my new patterns made with our Bonnie and Camille Daysail fabric collection.We will be showing this fabric collection at the International Quilt Market in October and it will ship to your local quilt shop in February. The patterns are available now.It's always so hard to work… Read more »
- New Sew on the Go Bag Pattern and Winners!I am so excited to show you one of my new patterns, it's called Sew on the Go Bag.I love to have a hand stitching project when I travel whether it is in the car or on the plane, and I am always trying to keep my thread and scissors handy. One day… Read more »
- Moda LOVE Blog TourWelcome to my stop on the Moda LOVE Blog Tour!The theme is LOVE and we were asked to answer a few questions and tell a little about what we LOVE. I am going to make this short and sweet.This time around, all the designers who were in the Moda Schoolhouse at Quilt Market made… Read more »
- Miss Kate has arrived!You may have heard that our Bonnie and Camille line Miss Kate is now in Quilt shops everywhere! Yay! I can't decide which I like best, the charm packs, the Layer Cakes or the Fat Quarter bundles, they are all so pretty! It seems like it's been awhile since I introduced the patterns that I made… Read more »
- It's Miss Kate's Big DayI am so excited to show you my NEW Miss Kate patterns! It always gets a little crazy each time we design a new fabric collection and start the pattern design process.It's so much fun and at the same time, lots of hard work to get to this point. Finally, today is the… Read more »
- Our Star, Feisty PhyllisCamille and I are happy to be part of the Fat Quarter Shop 2014 Designer Block of the Month.What a beautiful Quilt!The fabric is called Snowbird and was designed by the talented Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket.We were all asked to design a star block and name it after a star… Read more »
- It's Summer//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js Me in March: Blogging is fun! Lots of quilting time. Kids are in school. Making all the quilts in Wovens! Plenty of sleep. Me in April: Sewing around the clock, all the spring sports, but not too hot out yet. Things are busy but good. Me in May: New… Read more »
- Binding Summerville//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js I spent a weekend up in Utah at The Quilter's Lodge with a few of my very favorite quilting friends back in January and had the BEST time! Great food, great sewing, and most of all great company. Before I… Read more »
- Welcome back! A little house update.//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js Last month marked 7 years since we bought the maybe house. And no, I can't believe it either. I've had so (!) many requests for a house update but I've been hesitant because aside from one big remodeling project (adding a loft over the living room) that we… Read more »
- All grown up - the family update//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js Those of you that followed my blog years ago know that the last time I posted about them, my boys were just little guys. //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js And since then? They have grown into big guys. (Yes, Aiden is taller than me now!) //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js Aiden is 15, in high school… Read more »