Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Saturday Seven 165: Lifestyle & Inspiration for QuiltersHello, friends, and happy Saturday. I’m really looking forward to having a “real” Saturday today after spending the last one painting our bathroom. All. Day. Long. So I’m hoping for a nice walk, some good time in the sewing room, and some time to curl up with a couple of… Read more »
- Tumbler Quilt Block Quilts & ProjectsHello, friends! Today I’m sharing some of my Tumbler Quilt Block Quilts & Projects. I’m also sharing several different ideas and options for piecing these blocks. There are lots of different tools and templates available, and I’ve tried many different ones. The tumbler quilt block is the perfect block for… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 Block 54Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 3 Block 54 which is the Windmills block by Janet Clare. This block does have some small pieces; however, I have a few ideas that will help make block construction go more smoothly. Block Heads 3 Block 54 There are lots of… Read more »
- Table Runners + PlanningHello, friends! Today I’m sharing some recent Table Runners + Planning things I’ve been working on. You might have seen some of my new table runner pictures showing up on other posts. And since I finished up another runner recently, I thought I’d share them all together. Plus, my table… Read more »
- A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 19 Show NotesHello friends! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Podcast Episode 19 Show notes with a list of things we shared in ths week’s episod, along with links to quilts and more. I enjoyed listening to the episode while writing this post, and hope you’ll enjoy it as well. Quilting Life… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 164: Lifestyle & Inspiration for QuiltersHappy Saturday friends! And welcome to the Saturday Seven 164 lifestyle and inspiration post for quilters. I hope you’ll enjoy these articles and finds from around the internet this week. I love preparing these posts for you and hope you’ll find a bit of inspiration to get your weekend off… Read more »
- Quilting Life January Project UpdateHello, friends! It’s almost the middle of the month, and so I’m sharing my Quilting Life January Project Update. I heard from so many readers and viewers when I first posted my January challenge that you were interested in an update, so here it is. Quilting Life January Project Update… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 Block 53Hello, friends! Today I’m sharing my Moda Block Heads 3 Block 53 which is a terrific Bear Paw Block variation from Robin Pickens. This one is once again a block you’ll love making. And can you believe that after this week we only have three more blocks to make. My… Read more »
- 9-Patch Table Runner TutorialHello, friends. Today I’m sharing a 9-Patch Table Runner Tutorial with a step-by-step video so you can see just how easy it is to make one of my favorite scrappy runners. Additionally, this little runner is set on point, so you can see how to set the blocks together for… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 163 Lifestyle & Inspiration for QuiltersHello, friends and happy Saturday. Thanks so much for stopping by to read this week’s Saturday Seven 163 which is a weekly lifestyle and inspiration post for quilters (or anyone, really). I love writing these posts each week and feel like it’s a bit of “me” time to do the… Read more »