Sherri is married and the mother of four children. She attended Brigham Young University and received a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Nevada Las Vegas in 1989. Inspired by her rich family heritage of generations of women who loved sewing and creating, Sherri learned to sew after receiving a sewing machine for her tenth birthday. She began making quilts thanks to the gentle persuasion of her grandmother a few years after finishing college.
After discovering quilt blogs and the online community of quilters she began her blog – A Quilting Life – in the summer of 2008 as a way to record her quilting life and journey. She has been publishing her designs in magazines and magazines in 2011, and authored two books with C&T Publishing – A Quilting Life: Creating a Handmade Home in 2013 and Fresh Family Traditions: 18 Heirloom Quilts for a New Generation in 2014.
Chelsi is married and the mother of two sweet daughters, Ashton and Harper, and a baby boy, Finn. She enjoys being at home with her young children and loves the adventures that go along with motherhood. Art materials were always the perfect gift for Chelsi as she has always loved to draw, paint and create. Sherri will tell you that she was repainting the house frequently because Chelsi loved drawing on the walls. She is passionate about nature, music and fashion – things that inspire her art today. And like her Mom, she has always loved the creative process. Working with fabric was inevitable as she remembers rummaging through the pile of fabrics in the sewing room looking for just the right combination, and she often went to sleep listening to the hum of her Mom’s sewing machine from the adjoining room.
Sherri and Chelsi feel incredibly blessed to be able to design fabric for Moda.
- Quilted Christmas Décor ProjectsHello friends, and happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. And while I know it is just the final week of October, it really is time to begin thinking about the holidays. So today I’m sharing my first of several holiday-themed posts. I hope you’ll enjoy and find… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 152 Inspiration for QuiltersHello, and happy Saturday, friends! I hope your weekend is off to a terrific start. We are enjoying absolutely beautiful weather in our part of the country…the weather that prompts us to remember why we live here when it’s in the one hundred teens in the summer. I’ve got some… Read more »
- Sewcialites Sew Along Block 5Hello, and happy Friday! Today I’m sharing the Sewcialites Sew Along Block 5. The Sewcialites Sew Along is sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop and offers a free block each Friday in 3 sizes: 3″, 6″, and 9″. The blocks can be used to make a darling sampler quilt at the… Read more »
- Labor of Love Sampler Block 4Hello, and Happy Thursday, friends! And welcome to week four of the Labor of Love Sampler Sew Along. I’m so happy that Balboa fabrics have started to ship. And while yardage has begun shipping, the pre-cuts have still not shipped out. (It will be just a couple more weeks for… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 Block 41 + Balboa UpdateHello, friends, and happy Wednesday. Today I’m sharing my Moda Block Heads 3 Block 41 post along with an update on Balboa fabrics (be sure to read to the end)! This week’s block is a darling applique block by Jen Kingwell that I’m definitely going to make for my quilt.… Read more »
- A Quilting Life Podcast Episode 12 Show NotesHello, and happy Monday, friends! Today I’m sharing the Quilting Life Podcast Episode 12 Show Notes with all of the topics we discussed and links to websites, patterns, products, and more! I hope you’ll enjoy listening or watching this episode. And you can find links to all of our platforms… Read more »
- Saturday Seven 151 Inspiration for QuiltersHello, friends, and happy Saturday! I’m sure glad another weekend has rolled around because this past week was crazy busy for me. I finished up a new manuscript (yay)! And am quickly trying to put all of the finishing touches on 15 different projects to get them ready to ship… Read more »
- Labor of Love Sampler Block 3Hello friends, and happy Thursday! Today I’m sharing my Labor of Love Sampler Block 3. I’m super excited to be moving right along with this quilt along and just yesterday found out that Balboa fabrics are now beginning to ship! We are so excited to have the fabrics start showing… Read more »
- Moda Block Heads 3 Block 40Hello, friends, and happy Wednesday! It’s Moda Block Heads day, and today I’m sharing Block Heads 3 Block 40 which is a terrific strings block. I absolutely love strings quilt blocks–one of my favorite scrappy quilts is a strings quilt included in my Labor of Love: Scrappy Quilts from the… Read more »