Forty weeks. Forty-eight blocks. We’re almost there.
Laurie is caught up with her Block Heads blocks… or at least she was. With a new collection debuting soon and Spring Market on the horizon, she might be busy stitching.
This week’s beautiful appliqué block is Ann Arbor – it finishes at 12″ x 12″.
This is Laurie’s block… made by Laurie. In her quilt – the top is complete.
This is Laurie’s Granny Squared blocks – I always love her mix of fabrics. I really want to know about the light print used for the triangles – isn’t it cool? It looks like drawings.
Did you know that Laurie always has a couple of side-projects going? There are at least two – a long-term piecing-appliqué project and a quilt she’s hand-quilting.
A few years ago, Laurie designed Indigo Revival and made it cream-white and blue. Having recently done a few red collections, she remade the quilt in red and cream – Scarlet Revival?
The quilting is “big-stitch” done with a red thread. Wouldn’t you love to see this in person?
If you’re on Facebook, be sure to check out Moda Fabrics and the Moda Blockheads Group as there are a couple of giveaways – a copy of this Block Heads book and Fat Eighth bundle of Laurie’s Crystal Lake.
And the Final Quilt Assembly & Instructions.
If you want to see what the other Block Heads have made, here’s where to look:
- Lynne’s Blog / Facebook / Website
- Barbara & Mary – Me & My Sister’s Blog / Instagram
- Brigitte Heitland – Zen Chic’s Blog / Instagram
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lella Boutique’s Blog / Instagram
- Betsy’s Blog / Facebook / Instagram
- Stacy Iest Hsu’s Blog / Instagram
- Jan’s Blog / Website
- Laurie Simpson’s Blog / Instagram
- Jo’s Blog / Instagram
- Sherri McConnell – A Quilting Life’s Blog / Instagram
- Lisa’s Blog / Website / Instagram
- Corey Yoder’s Blog / Instagram
Only four more blocks to go.