It’s Week 28. Block 35. Gibby. Laurie Simpson.
Isn’t this gorgeous? It makes a girl want to make a blue-and-white quilt. Like… now.
But first, Block 35 for Block Heads.
The fabrics are from Evelyn’s Homestead by Betsy Chutchian.
If you’re wondering where the name of the block came from… this is Gibby. Laurie will happily own up to being very biased but he is a handsome boy.
Remember… if the blogs aren’t up or the links aren’t working, check the Moda Block Heads 2 Archive. Because if you’re reading this, it’s already been updated and it will have what you’re looking for.
Now let’s see a little more of Crystal Lake and Laurie’s new quilts.
Rolling Stars – MS1801. Measuring 42″ x 56″, the stars in this quilt are pieced and the circles can be machine or hand-appliquéd.
Because Laurie loves appliqué – especially hand-appliqué – there is always a quilt with lots of it.
Cobblestones – MS1802. Measuring 56″ x 74″, Cobblestones combines piecing with folk art style birds and flowers.
Our Best Friends – MS1803. There are two mini quilts – 20″ x 20″ – in the pattern, one for each of your besties.
Just in case you missed it – Block 35 – Gibby.
To see what the other Block Heads have done with Gibby – did anybody make some changes? Add something? Let’s check out their blogs and Instagrams to see:
- Lynne’s Blog / Facebook / Website
- Barbara & Mary – Me & My Sister’s Blog / Instagram
- Brigitte Heitland – Zen Chic’s Blog / Instagram
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lella Boutique’s Blog / Instagram
- Betsy’s Blog / Facebook / Instagram
- Stacy Iest Hsu’s Blog / Instagram
- Jan’s Blog / Website
- Laurie Simpson’s Blog / Instagram
- Jo’s Blog / Instagram
- Sherri McConnell – A Quilting Life’s Blog / Instagram
- Lisa’s Blog / Website / Instagram
- Corey Yoder’s Blog / Instagram
That’s it for Week 28 – Block 35!